Dispute Resolution & Labour Law
The need for the service
Our dispute resolution services are in line with the concept of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) advocated in King III. ADR has been provided for in King III as best practice, and has also been regulated in various recent legislative measures, including but not limited to the Companies Act, the Consumer Protection Act, and the National Credit Act.
The advantages of ADR are quick, cost effective dispute resolution, whilst still providing for sanctions and prohibition, and preventing costly litigation.
Scope of our service offering
We offer the following dispute resolution services:
- Litigation support (civil, criminal and quasi-judicial refer to Litigation Support); and
- Drafting or amendment of dispute resolution mechanisms / procedures (refer to Legal Services and services relating to Anti-Corruption and Anti-Fraud Policies)
Labour law dispute resolution
We offer the following labour law dispute resolution services:
- Initiating in disciplinary hearings (including the drafting of charge sheets)
- Chairing in disciplinary hearings (limited to matters in which we have had no interest); and
- Assessing and verification of complaints and grievances.
Our directors, Adv Francois Labuschagne and Adv Werner Bouwer, have extensive knowledge and experience in the labour field. Advocate Francois Labuschagne has practiced as an advocate at the Pretoria Society of Advocates and has acted for clients in the CCMA, Labour Court and Labour Appeal Court.